And I am talking about two different kind of masks. Although they are both to sleep with.
The first one is a moisturizer mask called Drink Up Intensive by Origins. You can put on your skin a generous amount (I am always very generous with my moisturizers and sunscreens) before going to bed and let it work its magic during the night. No need to rinse. Not even in the morning. At least I don’t (and the reason why is here). It doesn’t have a color and it feels like you put on moisturizer and nothing else. The skin absorbs it all straight up. Having said that, the result lasts way more than a simple moisturizer, even if it is my powerful and beloved Aqua Bomb from Belif.And it does not feel greasy at all. In any moment.
As you can see by the post above, I am an enthusiast of moisturizer. I do think our skin needs a great moisturizer more than any other product. Too bad I only realized that in my 40s… Anyways, since then my main goal is to keep my skin always hydrated, no matter what. I think that is the secret to keep it looking good. And that is why I really like this mask. My skin feels highly hydrated during the night and when I wake up. I even use this mask during the day when I feel my skin need extra dose of moisturizer, like after sun tanning or during the winter days.
What Origins says about it:
- It is recommended for normal to dry skin types. (My skin is normal to oily and I think it works great for me.)
- It hydrates thirsty skin (love that and I confess that this was its selling point that made me give it a try).
- It is enriched with avocado and apricot kernel oils, which effectively prepare skin for next-day environmental aggressors.
- Japanese seaweed repairs the skin’s barrier function to prevent future dehydration and signs of premature ageing.
- The overnight mask soothes skin whilst you sleep for long-lasting comfort so you can wake up to a revitalized, silky smooth and refreshed complexion.
- Free from parabens, sulphates and phthalates.
I think they now have a new improved formula to this mask that I haven’t tried yet, but I am looking forward to. Only hope it is as good as the previous one.
The other mask is an actually sleeping mask. It is called Iluminage Skin Rejuvenating Eye Mask. It is silky and soft and it is for sure the most comfortable sleeping mask I have ever tried. Plus it does black out the light perfectly. Besides that this mask has a rejuvenating element since it is embedded with Copper Dioxide. The idea is to give you a good night of sleep AND minimize the appearance of the wrinkles during the night.
Let’s see what Iluminage says about it:
- This rejuvenating sleep mask covers your delicate eyes with advanced care, to minimize the appearance of wrinkles while you sleep.
- Beyond blocking all visual stimuli to quiet your mind and senses, this silky, soft, smart textile is carefully embedded with copper, a well-known essential mineral with skin-enhancing properties. This technology is clinically proven to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles for smoother, younger-looking skin in as little as four weeks. Copper is naturally found in your skin and is known to play an important role in skin’s renewal process. It has been used in makeup, face creams and other skincare products for years, and one of its properties is its ability to promote the natural growth of proteins in the skin.
- How to use: Sleep with your eye mask nightly for younger-looking skin in as little as four weeks. One size fits all.
- Adjustable hook-and-loop closure strap.
- Color and anti-aging technology proven to last beyond100 washes.
- 100% Cupron® copper oxide polyester.
- Hand wash, dry flat.
To be honest, I don’t know if this mask is helping me with my wrinkles and all, yet. I have been using it for almost 4 weeks. But it feels really good to sleep in. Because of the copper, it does get stained in the white part all around the mask but it doesn’t bother me at all.
An update on this mask report on April 21st: I still don’t know if this mask is helping with wrinkles but one thing I noticed is that it stains the pillow case I sleep in. So, this is a major no-no. Even so, I am still using to sleep because it is a very comfy mask to sleep in.
One thought on “My Two Favorite OverNight Masks”